I thought I wouldn’t do any more till next weekend after Sunday’s painting, but I decided to do more painting yesterday afternoon.
I started by separating the components; this is the first time I’ve removed the walls from the floor since building them. As expected, it’s a little heavy, but not too heavy for me to lift, so that’s a relief for installation:
I then painted the floor a dark brown color:
I also painted the underside of the deck; not entirely pointful, but it’ll help protect the untreated deck boards from ground moisture:
I painted the edges and underside of the awnings with the same color (which closely matches the metal drip strip that will go around the edges):
Plus the roof eaves:
And finally the top of the facades:
(By the way, I made a mistake when painting the front of the facades: the right side in the above picture should be red, not blue. I’ll fix that when doing the second coat.)
Now I’m really done till the weekend (plus or minus a few days; weekdays have no meaning for me).