This post has been waiting for a few days to be published, since the blog has been busy with snow photos this week. Hence the lack of snow in these pictures. With the snow on the ground this week, it’s almost hard to remember what the place was like without snow!
I have now completed the berry cage project.
The last step was to replace the old fencing wire with the new, narrower gauge stuff.
So I started by removing the old wire:
I left the nails that were holding the old wire, so I could reuse them to attach the new wire:
Here’s the berry cage portion of the fence without any wire:
I could then add the bottom course of new welded wire. I also kept the second layer chicken wire at the bottom, which is to keep smaller animals like rabbits out of the garden:
Attaching the wire:
The bottom course completed. The wire curves out onto the ground, anchored by rocks, to avoid any gap at the bottom:
A close-up of the wire and nails after adding the second course:
The door area, with the completed fence:
The completed berry cage fence:
It is always very satisfying to complete a project. On to the next one!