We used a cart to transport the duck house (without the roof) from the workshop to the pond edge. So to make it easier to get it onto the cart, I raised it up onto concrete blocks:
I then backed the cart under the house, with some carpeting for padding:
Pulling the cart and house out of the shop:
I pulled the cart down the driveway and across the grass to the destination, with Jenn’s help to keep it steady:
Arriving at the destination, where we lifted it from the cart to the floor joists:
Next up was the roof. To make it easier, we loaded it into the bed of our truck, and Jenn drove it off-road to near the pond. I rode in the bed, just for fun:
We then carried it from the truck down the hill and onto the house walls:
Many thanks to Jenn for her help transporting those heavy parts.
Next, I screwed the three parts together: floor joists, floor and walls, and roof:
I also added more hooks, including for the LED light strip:
And to tidy the electrical cords (the two orange ones are temporary; the one going out through the wall goes to the pond pump, and will be replaced with a more subtle green cord later, and the one on the right is for the electric screwdriver):
More cord hooks:
Here’s the duck house, installed:
From further back:
From across the pond:
An exciting milestone! There’s more to do: finishing the landscaping, adding the ramp, adding the bedding and food and such, and of course adding the ducklings. So there will no doubt be more posts about the duck house, and its future residents, but the building part is basically done now. Three weeks before the ducklings arrive!