But first, I screwed a couple of small blocks to secure the potting bench to the foundation, both so it can’t tip, and because it’ll eventually have water pipes mounted to it:
Then I installed the sink:
It is supported by boards underneath:
I also added a hose reel to the side of the potting bench; later I’ll add a tap under the sink for it (and others above). This hose will be for ad-hoc watering of anything in the greenhouse:
The potting bench had hooks on the side, which I removed when mounting the sink, so I put them on the right of the right-hand shelves; perhaps useful for tools:
A view of the back of the sink, above the louver vent, from outside:
Another shot from outside, showing the back of the shelves:
The completed shelves with a second coat of stain:
A wide-angle shot of the shelves:
Another view of the shelves and sink:
This morning I went out there and put some trays on the shelves, as a demo of usage:
A wide-angle of the inside of the whole greenhouse:
This concludes this construction project. Hopefully Jenn will get good use out of these shelves, significantly increasing the growing capacity within the greenhouse.
A separate but related project will be to install plumbing: connecting a pipe from the nearby underground pipe, routing it to a tap under the hose reel, another tap for the sink, and a third tap on the back shelves for irrigation. Hooked onto that I’ll have a water timer and splitter, with irrigation tubing going to each shelf, and mister emitters as needed to irrigate the seedling trays. That’ll be a project for another day.