Yesterday I did more work on the bee shed project. I was supposed to be working on Dejal stuff, but I decided to take advantage of the sunny weather instead. A benefit of being self-employed. (I still got what I needed to do done last night.)
The activity of the day was adding 2×6 boards onto which the corrugated panels will be attached.
Here are two 12’ boards clamped to the posts:
And screwed in place, along with an 8’ 2×4 board below the bottom one to fill a gap:
They are attached with deck screws; I like them as they’re self-drilling, corrosion-resistant, and have a square hole (apparently called a Robertson drive type) that doesn’t slip as much as the more common Phillips style:
The boards at ground level follow the slope of the ground (dug in a little; this is treated wood, designed for ground contact):
More wall framing:
I made the middle two (almost) level, since shelving will be attached to them:
Next up (today): shelving supports.