More work on the bee shed project, including some tweaks to the door, adding corrugated cladding, and filling gaps.
As mentioned last time, I wasn’t entirely happy with how the door handle ended up with little space on the left of it, so I modified it to add another 2×6 board to the left, with a bit of overlap to help mount the corrugated panel:
I also added some 2×4 boards onto the corner posts, to also help support the corrugated panels:
I did the same on the door:
Here’s the final door wall framing:
Then I started cladding that wall and the door with corrugated panels:
I cut the corrugated cladding using tin snips; pretty easy:
A clear panel on the door:
The full door wall. I’m not entirely happy with the top panel on the door, as it isn’t properly straight (the top of the door is angled, so it isn’t quite as bad as it looks). I also think would be better as a clear panel, to de-emphasize the choice to offset the panels, so I might change that next time:
The door and wall from inside:
Lastly, I added spray foam gap filler to close up the gaps between the corrugated panels and the boards. Not particularly attractive, but this shed is all about function over form. I will use a knife to cut off the worst of the excess next time:
The door wall with gap filler:
Next time: changing the top panel of the door, cleaning up the gap filler, adding the shelves, and other finishing touches. Then I’ll be done!