A quick post about our honey harvest yesterday. We noticed that the Flow hives were getting full, so harvested over three gallons of honey from them:
The bees on the cedar hive were bearding quite impressively; I guess it was too hot in there (GIF):
I also took the opportunity to move some of the spare beekeeping equipment into the recently-completed bee shed:
Jenn double-filtered the harvested honey, and transferred it into 24 pints and 5 smaller jars:
Not that we needed more honey; we’re still working our way through last year’s harvest. Everyone who visits our homestead has to take home a jar of honey and a carton of eggs!